From:
Kemp Randolph <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 10:53:31 -0400

I said and asked about antibody testing:

>>It's well known that commercial labs do give false negatives, that is,
>>sensitivity less than 100% for diagnosis. That finding included labs
>>long popular with celiacs.

>>Anyone with antibody experience with Nichols, especially with
>>(independent) biopsy for comparison? Formerly named the Corning Nichols
>>Institute.

Got one response. Unfortunately ambiguous in timing details both of
biopsy, or if any, and of GF adherence. No response to request for these
so apparent sensitivity of only 1 in 11  (9%) is not  reliable data.

>>My CD bloodwork
was actually positive from Quest on all 4 panels so it is possible, but
not  likely, to get a correct reading back from them. Meanwhile, my
daughter who  eventually was diagnosed through biopsy for celiac got false
negative  bloodwork back from Quest, along with about l0 other people I
know who went  on to know that they are celiacs. <<

--                                 Kemp Randolph