Date:
Sun, 7 Feb 2010 02:45:56 +0000

Open Letter to Celiac and Gluten Intolerant Community Leaders

You are invited to partner with the Gluten Intolerance Group of NA in the
"Chef to Plate" international awareness campaign.

GIG is gearing up now for the 2010 campaign. 2009 campaign information can
be found at http://gluten.net/events.php .

This campaign is about spreading awareness of celiac disease and gluten
intolerances in partnership with restaurants that provide GF menu offerings.
This is not about the promotion of any specific restaurant program.

By working together we can promote awareness of celiac disease and gluten
intolerances with the greatest amount of resources - the gluten intolerant
community.

This awareness campaign was a huge success last year.  Through our
partnership with several organizations, we were able to help spread
awareness about gluten intolerances to the public while dining. Our lists of
restaurants with gluten free menus were posted on several websites.  We sent
out over 5000 pieces of literature to 196 restaurants, including several
chains, throughout the United States and Canada.  We estimate that this
simple yet effective campaign reached more than 1.6 million people during
the Celiac Awareness Month!

Help us make this year's campaign an even bigger success!  Become a partner
with GIG in this campaign.  As a partner in this event, your organization
will be included in the media campaign listings and on GIG's website for the
duration of the event. This costs you nothing but your time in helping us
reach as many people as possible, through restaurants with gluten-free menus
you know and trust.

Become a contributing sponsor (share in the cost of the campaign) and your
logo will appear on the literature in the restaurants.

Participating restaurants loved this campaign last year and are eager to
join again. We hope you will join us in this united effort to spread
awareness about gluten intolerances.

Sincerely,

Chef to Plate Campaign Coordinators:
                Cynthia Kupper, Exec. Director
                Rebecca Powell, Admin Assistant

Cynthia Kupper, RD; Executive Director
Gluten Intolerance Group of North America (GIG)
31214 124 Ave SE, Auburn WA 98092-3667
P: 253-833-6655 ext 104; F: 253-833-6675

Websites:
www.GLUTEN.net (consumer education)                       www.TAGSatGIG.org
(teen advocates with gluten sensitivities)
www.GFCO.org (certified gluten-free products)           www.GFFS.org
(gluten-free food service accreditation)
www.GFRAP.org (gluten-free restaurant awareness program)