From:
Diane Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Diane Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 2010 14:56:01 -0500

This cookbook contains effortless, yet unique and interesting gluten free and wheat free recipes galore! And the easy to use comb bound edition (cookbook EFFORTLESSLY opens flat to every page!)

"Delicious! The Very Best of Gluten Free & Wheat Free Cooking; A Home Style Recipe Collection for Celiacs & Wheat Sensitive Folks” offers something for everyone!

Available at the website:

            "What on Earth is a Celiac?” www.celiacdiseaseinfo.org.
            and now at Amazon.com. http://amzn.com/B002GQ2ZJU

With favorites such as:
Quick and Easy Griddle Muffin Bread (some folks seem to feel that the cookbook is worth purchasing for THIS 30-minute bread recipe, alone!), Pulled Jerk Pork Sandwiches, Chicken Pot Pie, Pork Chops with Herb Stuffing, …and more.

Fun, quick and easy recipes.
Prepare simple recipes with/for your kids!
Diane Jacob’s cookbook provides many simple, kid-friendly recipes for cooking parents, too:   Best Shepherd’s Pie , Pigs in a Poncho, Indian Tacos, Grilled Nachos Supreme, Tortilla Pizza, Honey Mustard Chicken, Indian Fry Bread …

Basics & comfort foods.
With over 160 pages of delicious recipes; special breads and pastas, (Cinnamon Rolls, Smokey Chili Cornbread, Quick and Easy Gnocchi, Johnnycakes, Potato-Leek Fritters) countless comfort foods, wonderful casseroles, appetizers, and desserts, the author’s version of Mimis restaurant’s hot Spinach Artichoke Dip, and Disneyland’s Monte Cristo Sandwich… plus ethnic, down-home all-American basic recipes and much, much more!

A touch of “ethnic and gourmet”.
Roasted Chicken Salad with Basil, Mexican Albondigas Soup, Pesto Cheese Blossoms, Portuguese Stewed Chicken, Mexico City Enchiladas, Mulligatawny Soup, Roasted Red Pepper Humus, Creamy Curried Chicken Casserole, Norwegian Lefse, Walnut Herb Bread and more.

A helpful section on GF flour blends.
 "Delicious! The Very Best of Gluten Free & Wheat Free Cooking; includes a chapter on how to quickly make your own flour blend, saving a small fortune over most ready-made flour blends in the marketplace!

Your Celiac ID Card!
Another very useful tool for survival in the world of eating in restaurants. This nifty tear-out–of-the-cookbook card can be carried with you to any restaurant or fast food restaurant.

Available at the website:

             "What on Earth is a Celiac?” www.celiacdiseaseinfo.org.
            and now at Amazon.com. http://amzn.com/B002GQ2ZJU

This cookbook is also a very good fit for the NEWLY-DIAGNOSED and/or those choosing to remove gluten and wheat from their diet for food allergy reasons.

Feedback from those who have purchased this cookbook is that "Delicious! The Very Best of Gluten Free & Wheat Free Cooking” also makes an excellent beginning cookbook that assists in making the transition more simple for someone choosing to convert their diet to gluten free/wheat free, without feeling overwhelmed by lots of complex recipes and flour blends…OR feeling deprived in any way!

                            And all completely gluten and wheat free!

Testimonies and Comments:

From Amazon.com…
 Great Cookbook!!
“There are now a lot of cookbooks for celiacs in the marketplace. I own many of them, but at times I feel that you need to have been a home economics major to decipher some of the complexities of the recipes. I found this one to be different... and actually more fun to use.

I thought that this author uses more creativity in her selection of recipes as well as in some of the ingredients that she is using. Some of my personal favorites are: Easy chili rellenos casserole, creamy curried chicken casserole, tomato pie, pigs in a poncho, bacon-honey mustard chicken, mulligatawny soup, Mexican albondigas soup, quick and easy griddle muffin bread, parmesan-thyme focaccia, Lou Ann's fruit pie squares, apple cream pie, and Diane's strawberry shortcake cheesecake.

A newly diagnosed gluten intolerant or wheat allergic person is already feeling overwhelmed, especially when they are required to find many ingredients that are somewhat unusual and often hard to come by. This just makes the learning to cook GF more stressful than it needs to be. While, of course, some GF flour blend recipes are mentioned in this cookbook, there are plenty of recipes that will not require the flours, so I could "hit the ground running" and I found some dishes that I could cook up right away without having a chemist's degree....or without many of the flours on hand. The directions were very easy to understand, based on ingredients available in the "real world". The recipes that I have tried taste normal, my family enjoys them and my friends actually look forward to seeing what I am making next from this interesting cookbook.

This is probably a good cookbook for newbies and also for those with wheat allergies, too. Seems like a cookbook to bridge the gap between both of those needs. I have given this cookbook as a gift to friends who were wheat sensitive and they were also very happy to have an easy yet interesting wheat free cookbook.

Oh, by the way, I also really liked the "homespun" look of this cookbook and the fact that it has a comb binding and opens flat and is very easy to use. It's really a great little cookbook overall, and I do highly recommend it!”
~ 	H. Sokol in AZ

"I just received your cookbook.  I wanted to let you know that I was very impressed with the quality and variety of the recipes. I will be recommending it! Thank you for all the hard work that you obviously put into this project!"
~Kathy B., President
Ventura County Celiacs
A Chapter of Celiac Disease Foundation

"I received your cookbook so quickly--thank you! Seemed like just two days before it got here… I love the layout, the recipes all look great and I look forward to baking ASAP.

My short list to bake from your cookbook:
Cherry-Chocolate Scones
Cinnamon Rolls
Griddle Bread
Muffin Bread
Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
Pleasant Street Inn's Apple Skillet Cake

Actually, all the recipes look great! Thanks again!
~Debbie L., N. Carolina

"Delicious! The Very Best of Gluten Free & Wheat Free Cooking; A Home Style Recipe Collection for Celiacs & Wheat Sensitive Folks”
is available at the website:
                 "What on Earth is a Celiac?” www.celiacdiseaseinfo.org.
                 and now at Amazon.com. http://amzn.com/B002GQ2ZJU

Diane Jacobs was diagnosed with celiac disease in early 2003, after going undiagnosed for 50 years. In time, she discovered that cooking gluten free & wheat free was not so difficult after all. Now she passes on her very best recipes to you! This new gluten free & wheat free cookbook is the culmination of years spent in developing hand-crafted recipes.

"My desire was to create a cookbook that could aid in making gluten free cooking a more simple, yet positive and rewarding experience. In the process, I anticipated that this cookbook could also assist in bringing what seemed to be missing in any celiac adult or child’s dining repertoire full circle to an abundance of choices and satisfying dishes to prepare for an individual or an entire family!”

~Diane Jacobs, author of
 “Delicious! The Very Best of Gluten Free & Wheat Free Cooking: A Home Style Recipe Collection for Celiacs & Wheat Sensitive Folks”.

Diane Jacobs
http://www.celiacdiseaseinfo.org
OR

                                       You can also Google:
                     “celiac disease info” and find the website at #1.

Join in with our Facebook Group for recipes and interesting dialogue. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=89010686807

*******
*******