From:
Howard Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 21:17:57 -0700

Hello Listmates!

After giving up wheat for the last year, and feeling much better, my
doctor told me to challenge wheat for  2-3 weeks so she can do a gluten
antibody test. I just started eating wheat again on a daily basis over
labor day. The result is that I do not feel as good as I did. I am
having some of the same old problems that I had last year with my
stomach, bowels, rash on knees, hands, face and they seem to be getting
worse each day. Even my blood pressure is much higher than it was before
I started eating wheat again. I guess    I  am wondering about the sense
this is making to eat things that are making me feel bad in order to
take a test that will tell me if those things are making me feel bad. In
other words, I am getting "cold feet" on the wisdom of continuing to eat
something that I am already fairly sure is hurting me. Any input on this
from those who may have   gone through a challenge would be appreciated.

Howie, AZ