From:
klturner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 21:51:04 -0700

To all of those that were gracious enough to respond to my inquire
regarding "Results of Test", I want to thank you. In summary, the
you must maintain the diet. Get a GI doctor that knows something (I
did). One of the best in Las Vegas. He explained that the results may be
from some sort of food allergy. (Be it the beginning of CD or just
wheat, etc sensitive). I am lactose intolerant. I have been to the
allergist and after the indoor scratch test the insurance did feel the
food test was necessary. He stated the intestine looked good at the time
the previous tests were taken and that those test were only 60% accurate
and the biopsy that was taken was of the stomach (which at the time was
raw). He is now going to do an Enteroclysis of the intestine and a Cat
Scan of the abdomen plus another  complete workup of blood test. (Am not
looking forward to any of this). His comment was I have been on the
correct medication and that this should have cleared up by now (1 year
later), so it is definitely something else besides acute gastritis. That
was the prognosis at the time.  Again, it could be brought on by food
allergies, since the eating habits haven't really changed. A food
scratch test will now probably be taken. The Dr. did mention if I went
on a GF diet, I would probably feel great.

Thanks again to all and will try to keep you posted.