From:
Victor Dolcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Victor Dolcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 2013 15:22:32 -0700

Commercial breads are good tasting and wonderfully convenient. Unless you
are lucky enough to live near a great gluten-free bakery with a lot of
variety, every once in a while it is nice to have a bread that is not at
Whole Foods, Sprouts or other food stores serving our community. But baking
from scratch has a lot of fiddly bits, and that can be hurdle. Yesterday, I
wanted garlicky focaccia, but not the details of baking completely from
scratch. So, I opened a package and made something a bit different from
what the manufacturer had in mind.

Here is focaccia you can customize without all of the fuss of having to
concoct the bread from scratch. Pizza mix makes it easy. My basic bread has
just four ingredients - Bob's Red Mill Pizza Crust Mix, eggs, olive oil and
water (gluten free beer in my case). Of course I added some herbs, spices
and Parmesan cheese to make the bread more interesting. But I don't think
of these condiments as fiddly bits.

You can see what I did by going to http://bit.ly/GF_Bake (
http://home.comcast.net/~vhdolcourt/gfbaking ) and scroll down until you
find a chevron (>) in the bread section.

Vic-Sunnyvale, CA