From:
R&R Lakeman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
R&R Lakeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 20:16:04 -0500

I'll try again.

Here is the Alcohol Summary I originally sent to the list but it was
rejected by Listserv. due to the size.  I had included a very handy list of
Smirnoff GF Drinks a couple of people sent me but it was probably what made
the summary too large.  If any of you would like me to send the Smirnoff
List I can forward it directly to your email address.

I would also like to apologise for offending so many of you with my add-on
to this summary. My post entitled "Alcohol(SUMMARY)One last thing" re Bud
Beer was meant to be part of this summary and was not my own opinion. Even
though it was part of a summary; I had said, "seems to be .... GF".  It was
not a definate statement. Budweiser is not widely available here so I have
not personally researched this topic. Please remember the disclaimer on the
list, check out the information before acting.

Hi everyone,

Here's a quick summary on what I received re alcohol in the GF diet:

Most people advocated no beer.

Some said they could drink normal beer without any problems.

Some said they just had to avoid beers where the malt or other gluten source
was re-introduced after the fermentation process.

I've heard there are GF beers out there but they are hard to find.  I was
told "Bi Aglut" (Free Aglut) from Italy is meant to be GF.

Mostly distilled alcohols (not from wheat, barley or rye etc.) are fine but
read the labels, just in case.  If in doubt, ask the manufacturer.

Potato Vodka is a better bet than the usual.

Most said Saki and other rice wines are fine.

Watch out for flavoured or mixed drinks, read the labels.

Wine can be an issue re the preservatives for some people but usually most
wines are fine.

Also in a related foodstuff, watch out that your (usually cheaper) balsamic
vinegar (red wine vinegar) isn't diluted with white vinegar... check the
label.

Hope this has been informative.

Ruth
Australia.