From:
"Richard L. Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard L. Paul
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 13:09:50 -0400

Right after I posted my question I called the company (Wyeth) and asked.  I
was told the Gel Caplets are GF and the
Tablets are GF.  I tried to ask, in general, whether Advil is GF and the
woman I spoke with said they won't tell you "yes" or "no" in general.  You
have to ask them about a specific Advil product (you say the name of a
product out loud) and they'll tell you "yes" or "no."

There were people from the list who wrote me and said -- blanket
statement -- "Advil is GF."  This makes me wonder whether the company trains
its call-center people differently; where some of them say they can't give
you a blanket "yes" or "no" while others of them will.

Here is what people wrote:
--------------------------------
A WEBSITE THAT I TRUST SAYS IT'S GF

According to the drug list on www.glutenfreedrugs.com, it is GF.

I've seen it on celiac.com as a GF medication

Go to the web site:         www.glutenfreedrugs.com

regular advil is GF - this site is mantained by a celiac pharmasist.
http://www.glutenfreedrugs.com/list.htm

-------------------------------
THE COMPANY SAYS IT'S GF

As of January Advil was GF. All four years I've been GF, so has it. Can't
imagine that's changed.

I also called them a few minutes ago and they told me that their products
could not be guaranteed as GF as they do not test them but that the
following products are GF:
Advil Tabs
Advil Caplets
Advil Liqui-Gels
Advil Cold/Sinus
Advil Allergy/Sinus

I RECENTLY CALLED THE CO AND THEY TOLD ME THEY WERE GF

I called the company a few months ago (in April or May, I think) and was
told that it was GF.

On a list I have dated 4/03, it was GF.  I have called this # to confirm it,
and you can, too: 1-800-322-3129.
----------------------------
IT'S GF IN CANADA

I am in canada and use the clear blue advil liqui-gels.

Here is the ingredient list from the website www.advil.ca

Active Ingredient:
Regular Strength= 200mg solubilized ibuprofen
Extra Strength= 400mg solubilized ibuprofen

Regular Strength Non-medicinal Ingredients:
FD&C green No. 3, gelatin, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl acetate phthalate,
potassium hydroxide, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitan, sorbitol,
titanium dioxide.

Extra Strength Non-medicinal Ingredients:
gelatin, iron oxide, lecithin, medium chain triglycerides, polyethylene