From:
Veronica Herig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 19:50:45 -0400

Could anyone on the list tell me whether or not Cook's Family Foods
"Hickory Smoked Ham" is safe to consume?  The ingredients are, water,
salt,  sugar, Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Nitrate and Sodium Nitrite.   I
cooked one of these hams last week for my family.   I ate a small amount
and had a mild reaction.   However, I'm not absolutely sure that the ham
caused my problem; perhaps it was something else that I accidentally
ate.

Is it true that we should not have any smoked foods, and why?

I can't seem to locate the E-mail address for the archives Celiac list.
 Could someone please send that to me also?  Thank you in advance for
your help.

Ronnie from NJ