From:
Dan Pollak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dan Pollak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Dec 2005 19:48:26 -0800

The reason for my posting was concern that someone recently posted
incorrect information that might mislead people.  All of the responses
I received confirm that there are no US Gov't regulations about Celiac
Disease.

The point is: DO NOT TAKE ANONE'S WORD ABOUT ANYTHING IMPORTANT.
If the information is valid, you should be able to find it in a
reputable publication, a gov't website (all laws and regulations can
be looked up easily from the web), or a reputable Celiac website.  If
the information cannot backed up with a reference, credentials or
common sense; please question it.  Also, if you are unsure of your
information, say so.

Celiac disease causes depression, ostracism, alienation and confusion.
 We do not need to add misinformation to those feelings.  We should be
here to support each other.

By the way, his can be confirmed at www.fda.gov, as well as numerous
Celiac research & support websites & publications.  It also comes up
at conferences like the Stanford Celiac Conference, usually held in
September.  This is a great conference for veteran, newbie & medical
professional alike.

I hope I didn't rant to much, but I feel very strongly about being
supportive and accurate in this environment.

Dan