From:
Jupiter Dog <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jupiter Dog <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 2003 13:38:06 -0700

No word really on whether or not enzymes really can work specifically to
control gas, smells, and most of all abdominal noises. So the whole
digestive enzymes thing really confuses me. I did get some great suggestions
on brands to try (recall I mentioned that the folks at Wobenzyme told me
that their's are pricer for the anti-inflammatory benefits for things like
arthritis and injuries, and that I might be better off finding a cheaper
brand if digestion issues are my thing, which they are of course).........
______
Similase by Tyler (available through natural practitioners).It's free of
pretty much everything and works very well. I think mine is around $16 for a
bottle.
______
I use a brand called Solaray and the product isSuper Digestaway. I get them
at Whole Foods for about $10.00 for 90 capsules. They work great for me.
______
Jarrow
______
I'm a big fan of digestive enzymes, and I've tried many different brands.
My all-time favorite is Omnigest.  It's rare to find that in stores, though.
Lately I've been using All-Zyme double strength, made by Rainbow Light.
(It's about 26 bucks for 120 capsules inNew York City; you can probably find
it for less elsewhere.)  It says it's guaranteed GF, and I think it works
pretty well.  They also made a different blend that contains lactase, if you
have a problem with milk.
_____
Houston's enzymes and they seem to be effective.  Both mychildren put on
some amazing quantities of weight shortly after starting
these, so we know that they are assisting in digestion and absorption
_____
GNC brand enzymes... For gas I use Phazyme (Jupiters note: products like
phazyme simethcone are supposed to be good for upper burps, not flatulence,
or so Ive been told)
_____
Probiotic vegies! Kimchi works really well for me.
_____
Primal Defense
_____
Digestin from Progressive Labs.  They are not cheap though
_____
www.freedavitamins.com has an enzyme product