From:
Jillian Venne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 02:52:37 EDT

I was just diagnosed with CD in May. I have been a vegetarian for 5 years and
I'm also very lactose intolerant..Before I was diagnosed, I am sure like
everyone else, I was very sick and lost about 15 pounds.... which was not
nearly enough as  I was overweight to begin with. Now on the GF, meat free,
dairy free diet ( not so much fun), I am stuck at the same weight. I don't
eat any junk food at all, and I try to limit my carbs (potato and rice)
intake to only one meal a day. So basically I am living on fruits and
veggies...
At first I thought my body was holding on because it thought I was starving
it.. but I am getting enough calories per day according to my weight .... and
I have other medical issues that really don't allow me to exercise beyond
walking...
Does anyone have the same problem or suggestions to help me? My doctors tell
me that I just have to try to exercise or that I must be eating more junk
food than I telling them because I am too big not to be. Well, there is not
junk food left for me to eat!
I would really appreciate any advise... this whole thing is really starting
to get to me.. I was hoping to get skinny on this crappy diet!
Jill