From:
Corrina Chalmers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 14:01:08 +1000

Hi List,

The best description that was sent to me about resolving my issue with
gluten and yeast seemed to be this one.

---snip---
It seems to me that the link here is the immune system.  Yeast problems seem
to occur when there is a compromised immune system.  So while eating wheat
yeast could get out of control, because the gluten is causing an autoimmune
reaction in the body.

Once off of gluten most of the autoimmune reactions and symptoms gradually
abate.  Now yeast won't bother you.
---snip---

I still intend to talk to further allergy experts and check this line of
thought out to see where it takes me.  I also intend to stay gluten free for
now as this way of eating has improved my tiredness and some other symptoms
and as I was only diagnosed in Nov 99 I am not up to experimenting with
gluten to see if I really have received the "right" diagnosis.

About the description of "pebbling" that I used...

Another word I received from someone else who responded was "scalloping".

Physically the digital image the Dr took shows what looks like a rock
pathway where the rocks used are all different shapes and slightly different
in size.

"Pebbling" or "Scalloping" is just a (scientific?) way of describing what
flattened villi look like when magnified slightly.

I don't think it's anything to worry about, it is just something that the
Drs look for when they do a biopsy to give them a hint that they are on the
right track for a diagnosis.

Hope this helps...didn't mean my post to be scary

Corrina, Melbourne, Australia