From:
Cindy Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 1997 13:08:10 -0600

Thanks to all who responded.  Again, I recieved many responses
indicating that those with urinary tract pain had complete resolution
when on the gf diet.  I say many, there were about 12 responses.  All
were afterthoughts that after going gluten free the urinary tract
symptoms dissappeared also.  Again, we're talking about non-bacterial
infection bladder and urethral pain, that usually leave doctors stumped
and they end up calling it a "nervous condition".  Anyway, before going
gf, I found relief with eating raw celery (a diuretic) and sitting in a
yoga position that is like sitting indian style, but with the soles of
the feet together and trying to get the knees close to the ground.  The
lengths we go to to feel well, I say, whatever works I'll go for it!
Anyway, thanks again for your responses and the list in general.  By the
way, my son turned out to have a streptococcal infection that flared up
over 24 hours and turned into scarletina.  He never complained of a sore
throat, just that his "pee-pee hurt".  He's okay now, but is peeling
from the rash and his hands look awful.  Now we're waiting for chicken
pox to descend upon us as every kid in town has had them.  Happy
Holidays!  Cindy in Texas.