From:
Krista Ingram <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Krista Ingram <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 20:27:32 -0600

Okay folks, here is the long awaited summary to the email I posted a (long)
while back.  Sorry it took so long.  My question was about personal care
products and how to get rid of this pesky rash and itching.  The rash is
going away very slowly, but at least the itching is gone.  Thanks for all
the input and suggestions, I got a ton of responses.

GOOD:
-Almond oil, virgin olive oil
(I purchased almond oil in my local grocery store for about $6.50, no smell,
works great, I use it every few days after I shower)
-Dove Nutrium, Tone Soap
-Suave, Pantene shampoos
-Curel, Lubriderm lotions
(I have a bottle of Curel at home and at work now, I use when I don't use
the almond oil)
-Neutrogena products, very popular amongst Celiacs
-Almay make-up and facial products, also very popular
-Caladryl cream to stop the itching
-Take warmish showers, hot water may make things worse

BAD:
-Many, many people responded and said that they too had problems with J&J
baby oil and products
-Products with mineral oil (such as baby oil)
-Herbal Essences shampoo was definitely in this category
-Products with Vitamin E
-Possible problems from the aloe strips on some razors

OTHER:
-Some suggested that I have the allergy skin tests done (I neglected to
mention in my previous email that I had been there and done that, everything
came up negative)

Thanks again, and have a great Easter!
Krista '00
H-town,TX