Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 1996 22:41:38 -0500

I'm writing on behalf of a newly diagnosed celiac that is not yet connected
to the list. He was interested in finding out safe drink options, ex.
kool-aid, commercial sot drinks, etc. If anyone has any safe options, please
e-mail me privately at:

also, FYI, I contacted a company today called GFA BRANDS INC that produces a
lactose free cheese under the brand name Smart Beat found in my local
supermarket. She said they had already been dealing with obne of the main
celiac groups (I thinkCSA/USA ) and after reviewing all their ingredient
info, have decided their products are in fact gluten free. I have had their
cheese slices with no reaction and it doesn't hurt either that it contains no
fat and only 25 calories a slice.
Happy holidays to all- and wishing everyone a happy & HEALTHY new year :)
Leslie-NYC