From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2007 16:40:18 -0400

Need a gluten-free, allergen-free dog food?

Hills Prescription ZD Ultra Allergen-Free dry dog food is gluten-free. I confirmed it again with the company today to be sure the formula hadn't changed. The starch is potato. The protein is hydrolyzed chicken. The rep specifically said the product is gluten-free.

Hills Prescription dog food is more expensive than consumer brands and can be obtained only at a vet or animal hospital.

I did not inquire about other products, not even the canned version. If you wish to call Hills directly, you can reach them at (U.S.number) 1-800-445-5777.

This isn't an advertisement. I have no connection to the company.  I'm just sharing because the question of dogs and gluten came up on this list recently. (My dog is allergic to wheat, among other things, and it has been very convenient that our dog food of choice happens to be gluten-free, as well.)

Lin