From:
Skuzzo Fredrico <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 1996 00:43:15 +1200

>I've been diagnosed Coeliac since September last year.  I know someone
>whose husband was apparently gluten intolerant (but never diagnosed or
>had a biospy).  He has been seeing a naturopath and is feeling better and
>can now eat some gluten containing products.
>The lady has suggested that this naturopath could help me.  Does anyone
>know of anything one that a naturopath has helped?
>I would have thought that a naturopath wouldn't be able to help with
>coeliac disease.  Am I wrong?

I have seen a couple of people on this list and know of two personally in
my own area who have (after a period of being on a gluten free diet)
returned to a 'normal' diet, or at least introduced small amounts of
gluten.

3 of them received problems immediately, while the 4th was fine for a few
weeks before the symptoms began to return in force. My point being...
perhaps the aforementioned husband just hasn't had time for the symptoms to
re-occur. I guess time will tell...

As a result of hearing from those 4 people (I was kind of tempted myself at
one point), I personally intend to remain absolutely strict on my diet for
life.

While I'm here... a question... (if this is contained in an FAQ I missed,
somebody point it out to me please? *grin*)

How long do people find that it takes for symptoms to register after they
have accidentally/intentionally eaten something containing gluten?  In my
own case, I get cramps within 4 hours, but one of my Coeliac friends
reckons her symptoms can take up to 14 days...

Thanks in advance :)

Pete...

P.S. private email me the answer to that one... if I get enough responses
I'll simply summarise the info and post it to the list.

        Never again will I need to think of these mindless messages!!
                  Drum Tobacco pack quote of the Week
             "The best things in life are still made by hand"
                Skuzzo... (best served with iced antelope)