From:
Amanda Hayward-Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 14:41:12 -0400

Hi Again guys,

I have just spoken with Elaine from Penzeys. She was AMAZINGLY helpful, and
is willing to work with us on this matter. She confirmed, unfortunately ,
that the garlic and onion they grind and sell are dried by another company
on equipment that is sprayed with wheat flour. So the blends containing
these products cannot be regarded as gluten free. I then asked her if she
would be willing to look into some other potentially suspect ingredeitns
such as celery, horseradish root, orange peel, peppers. She is going to find
out as much as she can for us and get back to me next week. So right now it
looks like the pure herbs and spices (excluding garlic and onion) are OK,
also the blends that do not contain garlic and onion. I will keep everyone
informed when I find out more

Cheers

Amanda
Amanda Hayward-Lester Ph.D