From:
Diane H Moyer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Diane H Moyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:50:39 -0400

Hi All
I am one of those individuals who, unfortunately, has not done well with
the CD (less than 2 dozen foods I am capable of eating, limited amounts
of energy, etc).  However, I am surviving and I can appear to function
fairly normally.  Unfortunately, I react to just being in an environment
where there is gluten - I do not have to eat, drink or touch anything, I
will get sick just being around bread, baked goods, etc.  This has
greatly limited my life, as you might imagine.  Other than going to work
(and it depends on where that might be I as some of those places I often
react too), I generally don't go many places outside of my apartment.  I
would really like to travel to see my relatives.  This would involve
being on an airplane (with other people eating breads, pretzels, etc) and
being in a house with young children with lots of breads, cookies,
goldfish, etc around.  Other than enclosing myself in a bubble, I do not
see how I can do this without getting sick.  I have finally gotten myself
to a point of feeling a little bit better after 2 years, and I do not
want to set myself back ( and I know that getting sick like this would
set me back months).  Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
Diane
Denver