From:
"Donald D. Kasarda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 15:04:40 PST

I do not know of any test that is suitable for use with vinegar (the
proteins would be broken down to peptides and the tests available are not
designed for use with peptides, although these peptides can retain activity
in celiac disease). However, my personal opinion is that there is not likely
to be anything in distilled vinegar that would be harmful to a celiac
patient.  I also recall that it has been posted to the list that Heinz
distilled white vinegar is made from alcohol that is corn derived.  If
anyone reacts to or has any problems with Heinz distilled white vinegar, I
would very much appreciate hearing from them.

Don Kasarda
Albany, California