From:
Jessie James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 22:20:41 -0800

There was a post earlier today that vehemently condemned someone for stating
that they seemed to be able to eat small quantities of gluten with no
apparent bad effects.

The irate poster felt that it was misleading and dangerous to newly
diagnosed celiacs to post such information.

I totally disagree.  Newly diagnosed celiacs have a difficult time getting
totally gf, and knowing when they are.   It is important for us all to be
able to read about others' experiences, no matter how varied.
Everyone has something different to contribute and those new to the gf diet
need all the info they can get.

We are expressing opinions and recounting our experiences and they differ
widely.  None is wrong or right - just different.

It may be that some people CAN ingest small amts of gluten with no ill
effects.  I rather doubt it, but there is a lot to be learned still about
the condition and the degree of gluten tolerance may be part of it.

It is possible to express the opinion that someone is totally out to lunch
without sounding like a - well words fail me!!

Please let's remember that there are No stupid questions.  Just stupid
answers.

Jessie in BC