From:
Sheri Houston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 19:24:04 MDT

Most people said to use plastic wrap spayed with oil.  or a damp towel.  One
person uses plastic wrap and a towel on top of that.

Some had some interesting ideas that I think would be easy:

   << As far as proofing the bread, you could try an upside down bowl or pan
over the bread pan you're using.  I normally use my Zojirushi bread machine
for GF breads, and I advance from one setting to the next entirely on manual
mode (one rise only, too).However, when I use bread pans I normally set them
in the microwave to rise.  The microwave is enclosed, of reasonable size,
and holds  heat reasonably well, so I find it to be a good proofing box.
Sometimes I'll put a cup of hot water in there too to provide even more
moisture and a bit more warmth.  Perhaps you'll be able to do this too.  You
might also take a large plastic storage container and put the rising bread
in it.  Again, a non-drafty place which holds in moisture should do the
trick.>>

***As far as covering with rising, if decreasing the liquid doesn't help,
how about placing in a microwave oven or a turkey roaster with a pan of hot
water under?

As for covering, I place plastic wrap over the pan for the rising time
outside of the oven.  In the over, I cover the pan by placing a second pan
of the same size upside down on the baking pan.  She says use aluminum
foil, but that is too wasteful and tricky

I especially like the microwave idea, it sounds the easiest!
Thanks for all your posts and helpful hints!