Date:
Fri, 17 May 1996 08:40:38 -0700

After I posted a list of synonyms to the list recently, someone wrote to
tell me that one of them was wrong. The book listed "hydrolosyed protein
and hydrolysed vegetable protein" (I suppose that's British spelling) as
synonyms for yeast. I was informed that this is wrong; that hvp contains
wheat or grain. I don't know for certain, but I do notice that the celiac
FAQ for this listserv, in its "COMPLETE LIST OF NOT ALLOWED," lists
"yeast (may be grown or dried on wheat flour) and yeast extract" as not
allowed. Either way, nothing I posted should imply that hvp is ever safe.
On the contrary, the same list states that HVP should be avoided.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

vance