From:
Roy Jamron <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roy Jamron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 21:55:21 -0500

Here are the responses to the posting concerning CD and migraine and the
article:

American Journal of Gastroenterology, March 2003, Volume 98, Issue 3, Pages
625-629

Association between migraine and celiac disease: results from a preliminary
case-control and therapeutic study

-------
I'll be glad when someone discovers what brings them on. Have been GF for
two years, just  had my endoscopy done (perfect) and blood test for gluten,
normal but had a migraine last week.  For me they happen about once a year.
Guess I can't complain. I'll blame it on the corn beef and cabbage.  Thanks
for the update, I'm very interested in the subject.

-------
Hi, Roy- thanks for sharing that.  Interesting statistics, even for such a
small study. I'm one whose migraines virtually disappeared on the gf diet,
so I appreciate this very much.

-------
Hi and thanks for your post.  I am interested in any more studies done on
cerebellar ataxia which these docs mentioned in their objectives, but
aparently were not a part of this particular study.  Have you read anything
about this or know where I can find information?  How do you find these
articles - search the journals, do a web search?  I have a seizure disorder
due to CD, mild peripheral neuropothies, and migraines (which I think are
hormonally(?) caused).  Thanks for any help you can give.

[Go to PubMed and enter "celiac AND ataxia" in the "search" window.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi ]

------
Wow,The fact that they felt confident enough to even find Celiac in those
in the study shows how prevalant it is.  BTW, my blood test result came back
negative.Since going GF all my atypical and typical symptoms are gone or
much better.They only time I've ever had a migraine was from ingesting
gluten after going GF.

-------
Thanks for the info.  As a CD patient with peripheral neuropathy, I find
any new work on CNS links to CD very interesting.  This study may be lay a
good foundation for the sort of further study you mentioned, let's hope it
is followed up.

By the way, I no longer have migraines since going GF, either.