From:
Cindy S Bucy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 06:33:59 -0700

Hello All-

My four year old son was diagnosed and biopsy proven two years ago.  My
= eight year old niece is now showing symptoms.  She was just released
from the hospital where she spent four days getting every test possible
= performed on her.  They did test for Celiac when she was first
admitted = but today they said it came back negative.  She was in the
hospital earlier this month for the same reason:  She vomits until she
is nearly = convulsing!  Has anyone ever heard of anyone who had
negative blood tests, but then underwent a biopsy and were diagnosed as
a Celiac?  I am = trying to gather this info. for my sister.  I think
she should request a = biopsy to be safe.  Her symptoms are identical to
my sons.  Lots of vomiting, often nauseated, shorter than average, super
thin and pale. If = you've ever heard of someone with negative blood
tests and a positive = biopsy please let my know.

Thank you
Cindy