From:
Sandy Metius <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandy Metius <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 23:38:07 -0800

Fellow list serv friends,

Do you know how to find info about products, company contacts, etc? Search engines are great. I would like to share how to find info on the internet for those who are new to researching.

eg. to find a product: go to a search engine. I always use google myself. ( http://google.com) and type in the name of the product and the manufacturer or distributor will be listed and sometimes where to find the product. I looked up a particular product for someone and actually found several companies in the US listed who sold this imported product.

To find the contact info for a company: type in "the name of the company and the word "contact" to find the site for that co. where to e-mail or the phone number.

To find out the manufacturer of a drug, type in the name of the drug (brand names).

To find GF foods e.g. hams, type in hams and the word gluten free.

You can try to type in the name of products and the word gluten free after them to find out if they are GF or where to call or e-mail to find out. also the same with chain restaurants, etc. Some times they will give a statement as to the allergies in certain products or a statment as to their policies for allergens or just contact info.

I hope someone can use this information. It takes a long time to look up information for many questions like these but if one person needs information, they can easily search themselves. The search engines ( at least google) are very user friendly and a good way to get the information you need quickly.

Sandy