Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 2014 12:32:47 -0500

One of our members contacted Penzy regarding their spices & I"m forwarding it along.
Bev in MIlwaukee

Do you use any of Penzey products?

On Thursday, January 23, 2014 11:12 AM, answers . <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

You will be happy to hear that we no longer sell MSG nor do we use it in any of our blends. None of our spices or blends contain any sort of gluten in them, the label indicates everything that is in that jar/bag.  The only product that does contain gluten is our Beef Soup Base.  All of our soup bases are produced at a different site, so as a general rule of thumb we recommend to stay away from all of our soup bases as we can not guarantee that there is no cross contamination.

As a company, we can not claim that we are a gluten free facility as we do not specifically test for gluten and we have a test kitchen on site that does contain flour.  The blending and packaging room is completely separate from the kitchen, but legally we can not advertise our blends as being "gluten free".

We hope this information is helpful and please feel free to contact us with any other questions you may have.

If I can be of further assistance please feel free to write or call 800-741-7787

Take care,
~Deanna
Penzey Spices Customer Service