Date:
Sun, 15 Sep 1996 15:21:19 +0100

This post is for all of you seasoned gluten-free chefs out there. What
is the difference between guar gum & xanthan gum? Do you find one works
better than another? How can you identify "high quality" or freshness of
these items? Where have you found the best sources for these?
        I recently read  a tip on bread machine bread, to hand blend all
ingredients before placing into the machine- to make sure everything
gets blended together. I have not been impressed with the top of my
Welbilt machine breads- some parts are obviously not getting mixed even
using their own recipies. I tried mixing by hand before loading into the
machine & had the best loaf yet. Also... what are the best herbs to
throw into the breads to get more flavor? I'm thinking dill & Italian
seasoning would be good... any other suggestions? I never was a white
bread fan- any recipies that are more like whole wheat?
        *Recently tried Gluten Free Pantry's Country French bread mix--
*Raves* for having something that actually tastes & looks like french
bread. This bread contained Guar gum & yeast.~ Fran