From:
Mary Burgdorff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Burgdorff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2006 13:14:05 -0400

Here is another encouraging email I received since the summary:

You will not have any problems eating safely in Sweeden I'm betting because
I didn't in Paris which is considered to be the least Celiac friendly city
in all of Europe. It made me happy when I was there but now that I'm home
(arrived last night) I'm sad to get back to having to struggle to eat out
safely once again. I took my French dining card for each meal and only went
to one place I knew to be knowledgeable about gluten and Celiac. Each place
was wonderful, the servers talking to the chefs and then telling me what I
could and could not have off their menus. It was amazing. I ate the best
meals I've had since being gluten free - only better meals I had in Italy
and I was not gluten free at that time.

I'm not sure if you've left yet but if not, have a lovely time. If
possible, I would seriously consider moving overseas just for the easier
way of life there if you're gluten free. It's just like it's no big deal,
the foods there are so fresh even the tomatoes on salads make you wonder
why you can't find such things back here. The red bell pepper I had on my
salad at the Louve was to die for and it's just because they grow
everything natually and bring it in a truck from an hour outside the city
and then you eat it in the next few days. That is something not only do we
not do here, we will probably never do. It's really sad. Our whole
distribution system is screwed up and that's just for fresh stuff. Even the
processed packaged food in both London and Paris had so few ingredients I
could not belive it. Even the tiniest markets in Paris had plenty of gluten
free crackers and cookies and such. I had taken my own crackers so the only
thing I bought was choc. chip loafs in London and they were so good I could
not believe it. Wish I'd brought some home now.

Again have a great trip and enjoy the food! It will be so easy to eat
gluten free you won't believe it!

*******
*******