Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 16:41:05 -0500

This is in reference to the most recent post about wheat starch.

Although I agree with your point about including links and references where
possible, I feel it is somewhat naive to always believe that everyone's
best interests are always being represented. The tobacco industry showed us
that. If the wheat starch studies were indeed funded by the wheat starch
producers, one would have to question whether any human bias was present in
any aspect of the study.

Your statement that "gastroenterologists are interested in the clinical
improvement in their patients via the dietary compliance that these
products make possible", makes me wonder if this may be a case of "it's not
perfect but it's better than non-compliance".