Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 20:04:26 EDT

Last year I became aware that a waitress at the Collington Cafe in Kill Devil
Hills on the Outer Banks has celiac disease. This year, I brought my daughter
to the restaurant and requested that we be seated at one of Kim's tables.

This is an upscale restaurant and is fairly expensive, but for a special
treat, it has a terrific, varied menu. My family has been there many times over
many years and never had anything that wasn't out-and-out excellent. Kim spent
time with my daughter going over all of the menu items that were possibilities
for her. She knew all of the ins and outs of ordering for a celiac as well as
ingredients and procedures used in the kitchen. My daughter had crab dip (no
bread), filet topped with crab, mashed potatoes and vegetables, and creme
brulee for dessert. She was absolutely delighted not to have to sweat the details,
and she had many choices available to her.

Collington Cafe never advertises; you won't find coupons in the local tourist
rags. You have to look them up in the phone book and make reservations at
least a couple days in advance during the season. They are open year 'round.

I have no financial interest but am grateful to have the opportunity to show
my daughter a really good time in a terrific restaurant.

Marcy in MD