From:
David & Crystal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 09:17:29 -0400

Here's a yummy summer salad! Just about everyone who has tasted it likes
it. And it's so easy!

1 c. uncooked brown basmati rice (or substitute any grain)
3 c. water
1/2 to 1 c. each of fresh veggies (tomatoes, corn, broccoli, and carrots
   are good)
1/2 c. cooked beans (we like pintoes but black beans would give a lot of
   contrast)

Dressing:
1/2 c. olive oil (or your preference of oils)
1/2 c. lemon juice
4 Tbs. wheat-free tamari
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. onion powder

Cook basmati rice in water by bringing to a boil . Then lower heat and
simmer until done and water is absorbed, about 30 to 45 minutes. Mix
dressing ingredients together (I go heavy handed on the spices). When
rice is done, add chopped veggies and dressing. Stir to mix. You
probably won't need all of the dressing so add a little at a time. Very
good warm, room temp, or cold.

Enjoy!

Crystal