From:
The Hill's <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Hill's <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 05:18:42 -0600

I was diagnosed with celiac disease and DH five years and have a 23-year old
daughter who was diagnosed with hypothyroidism at the same time.  Since
diagnose she has been unable to maintain the appropriate levels on
Synythroid tablets and received another diagnosis of "malabsorption", and
started on inject able  Synthroid.  As many with hypothyroidism as aware,
the process is slow.

I heard at the GIG conference in Denver that there is a link between the two
and would be interested in hearing from others who have family members with
hypothyroidism, celiac and DH and how the hypothyroidism patient was treated
with diet. Are there specific blood tests?  She was scoped and was negative
for celiac disease but since her diet had been almost completely gluten
free, I wasn't surprised.

Many thanks,

Jackie