From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2007 12:06:20 -0800

Hi Celiacs,

A friend of mine wrote me about her problems:

I have a too high of white blood cells and a blood clot history.
I had a pulmonary embolism. After I had my daughter it was the worse
time of my life. I took myself off the blood thinners because I was
tired of bleeding like stuffed piggy over a sliver cut. My Doc did
not say anything about it but every time I go to get my blood tested,
they just tell me they find abnormality in my blood. I had to go for
INR's* all the time and after a while it was no fun at all. I am
scared the they will reappear and I just do not want to go through
that again EVER. I found out I had the blood clot when my daughter
was 3 months old. She is 6 now. I could not even pick her up. It is
hard to talk about sometimes because I am scared that it will come
back. I almost died in 2001 and right now I am 35 so I guess you can
just imagine how I felt at a such young age.  2 things that I was on
were Coumadin and Warfarin used to kills rats and rodents.
I really got scared today cause I did have some blood clots come from
my nose and I coughed up some too but I am fine now . My nose really
hurts though.

INR stands for international Normalized ratio. I had to get my blood
checked a lot for too much clotting or to much thinning

Has anybody had similar problems to this? It would be good for Tammy
to know from others that she is not alone and that her condition is
caused by gluten. I found 2 sites that confirm the celiac/pulmonary
embolism connection.

Celiac best,
Susan

*******