From:
Andrea Otken-Dennis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 14:50:18 -0400

Here's the response I received from San J.

I'd be interested in hearing who will still use them after reading
this...(just curious).

Andrea

Dear Andrea,

San-J International cannot guarantee that any of its wheat free sauces
are gluten free.  The reason is because we have had those products
tested by an independent lab where the test sensitivity is <170ppm.  The
results although negative is still not absolute because the test
sensitivity does not go down to an absolute zero.  There is not a test
developed yet to test sensitivity to zero.  The only way one can make a
guarantee is to not have any wheat or grain source in the same facility.
San-J does produce wheat product in separate tanks and hoses but there
still may be a slight minute chance of airborne contamination.

San-J takes great pride in producing quality products for our consumers.
If we can provide you with any additional information, please feel free
to contact me.

Healthy regards,
Deborah Coates
Marketing & Sales Assistant