From:
Sarah Bauermeister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 14:32:05 -0500

Hi  again

I finally got my CD blood test results back and they came back negative as
we expected as I have been GF for 9 months.  The terrible doctor that I
went to has basically dismissed CD as he does not agree with constipation,
hair falling out, mouth ulcers, migraines etc etc as CD symptoms.  This is
the ridiculous doctor that wants me to do a gluten challenge, even though I
get breathless, disorientated, irritable, bloated, tired etc if I have had
any gluten contamination.  Anyway, I am not going on a gluten challenge but
I have sent for stool tests with Dr Fine, as many recommended.  He said he
often gets requests from the UK and can process my test.  Has anyone had a
test done with him after being 9 months or so GF and it come back positive?

What he did say was that I have "mildly deranged liver blood tests with an
ALT of 137"  Could someone translate this for me please.  He wants me to go
for a liver screen now.  What does this mean, has it anything to do with
CD?

Thanks to those who suggested Drs. in England, I will go about trying to
locate a decent one after I have had my tests back from Dr. Fine.

Sarah Bauermeister