From:
Andrea Levario <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrea Levario <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Sep 2011 20:33:21 -0400

Friends,

Over the past two months there has been an incredible energy in the
celiac community, which has brought synergy among groups and
organizations that has been most amazing.  Our continued good health
depends on clear, accurate, labeling and we are working to get a REAL,
gluten-free labeling standard for the United States.

The American Celiac Disease Alliance in conjunction with our sister
site, 1in133.org, prepared a comment letter to the FDA about its
gluten-free labeling proposal.  It went viral through the community
thanks to blogposts, tweets, e-newsletters, and plain ol' word of
mouth. That letter has been signed by over 4200 individuals as of this
writing.  It presents simple, straightforward comments on a few key
points that individuals have discussed with us over the years.

Please take a minute or two to read the letter posted at
1in133.org/proposal.  Then add your name (just once please), if you
haven't done so already.

The letter will be taken down at Noon on Sunday, October 2nd, so that
it we can make sure the names and organizations are properly
represented.   Remember -- the absolute deadline to tell FDA what you
think of the gluten-free labeling proposal is Monday, October 3d.

If you have questions, please send us an email at
[log in to unmask]   Thank you to all who have helped build
support for this community letter.

Best to all,

Andrea Levario
Executive Director