From:
Chris Kranzler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 15:27:28 -0700

I decided to test the theory that the new bean flours can be exchanged cup
for cup with wheat flour using some of my favorite old recipes.  And it
worked!!!

Thank you to Bette Hagman for her Four Flour Bean Mix!

I used the following recipe and simply exchanged wheat flour with the Four
Flour bean mix.

I also decided to add 1 teaspoon xanthan gum and 1 teaspoon unflavored
gelatin too since they seem to be in so many of Bette's new recipes.
Other than that I followed the exact recipe for my old chocolate cake made
with oil, molasses and milk - its so simple you just throw everything into
the bowl - add the liquids, mix by hand and spoon into the cake tins.  And
yes it came out delicious, did not need to bake so long as before - but
looks and tastes like a fabulous light chocolate cake.

So take heart - and experiment with your old recipes, for those like me, who
some days REALLY miss the old foods and favorite recipes try it out!  I am
going to be testing quite a few of my old recipes.  I already have a super
fruit scone made, iced chocolate cake, fudgy brownies and Bette's Boston
Bean Bread.

If anyone wants the actual recipe I used for the cake, please email me - I
don't want to clog the list up with yet another recipe.

Happy cooking,
Chris Kranzler

Wolven CyberArts for Web Hosting, great web design and graphics work at
sensible prices!
www.wolvencyberarts.com