From:
Jeff Golden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 18:18:32 -0400

Today I received from the suppliers the following info about currently
gluten-free Progresso Soups and Del Monte products.  Disclaimer: I make no
guarantees; verify GF status yourself by calling 800-325-7130 for Progresso
(actually the info is provided by Pillsbury) or 800-543-3090 for Del Monte.

GF Progresso canned soups: Cream of Mushroom, Escarole, Black Bean, plain
Chicken Broth, Manhattan Clam Chowder, Split Pea, Split Pea with Ham, Lentil.
Also of Progresso's 99% fat-free line: Lentil, Split Pea, New England Clam
Chowder, Creamy Mushroom With Chicken, White Cheddar Potato.

Del Monte products that the manufacturer writes are gluten-free:  all canned
fruits, all canned vegetables, all fruit cups, all 100% fruit juices (EXCEPT
Prune Juice with Added Calcium & Fiber), all tomatoes & tomato products
(EXCEPT salsas), all dried fruit and fruit snacks (EXCEPT Yogurt Raisins and
Sierra Trail Mix).

Good eating to all.
jg