From:
Pamela Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 18:07:29 EDT

Hi All:

I received many replies to my post.  This LIST is a great support group.
Thank you to everyone!

Following is a summary of replies:

1)  Boca Burgers - The company recently changed ownership.  The new company
tested the boca burgers and found they are NOT gluten free so they changed the
packaging to reflect this.  In fact, boca burgers never were gluten free.

2)  Cafe Mocha - No one really knew for sure whether Starbucks or Coffee Bean
cafe mochas are gluten free.  It was suggested that I contact the company, of
course.

3)  Fast Food - Lots of replies!  I appreciate all your effort.

McDonalds:
Hamburger, Arch Deluxe, Quarter Pounder, Fries, Ice Cream, Sundaes - caramel,
hot fudge, & strawberry, Breakfast Home fries, All Shakes except chocolate,
Garden Salad (no croutons), Salad Dressings - lite vinigerette, ranch, red
french reduced calorie, thousand island, bacon, bacon Bits, Canadian Bacon,
Sausage, Scrambled Eggs.  Chicken sandwich is NOT GF, it contains wheat.

Burger King:
Fries, Whooper -  no sauce or mayo

Wendy's:
Baked Potato, Taco salad, Chili, Grilled Chickem Breast, Salad (no croutons),
Chicken salad, Frosty Ice cream dessert

Taco Bell:
PIntos & Cheese, Bean Tostada, Nachos, Nachos Supreme (without beef), Nachos
Bellgrande (without beef), seasoned rice, cheese sauce, guacamole, hot and
mild sauce, jalapeno peppers, nacho chips, pico de galle, sour cream, picante
sauce.  The beef is not gluten free, it contains oats.

Please let me know if anyone has factual information, (from the company - not
a personal reaction) contrary to anything I have listed here.

Thanks again,   Pamela