From:
Rhonda Jessup <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 1996 14:24:35 -0500

My mother was diagnosed with celiac about 2 years ago.  There is
a history of CD in our family and I am beginning to show
symptoms myself.  I dread the thought of the biopsy because I
understand that it is not performed under anesthetic.  I cannot
even handle a tongue depressor without gagging.  Is there
something about the procedure that precludes anesthetic or is
the preference of the local gastrointestinologist?

You can e-mail me privately at [log in to unmask]  I would
really appreciate any input.

Thanks.  Rhonda

--
* Rhonda Jessup                                        *
* Department Head, Children's Services & Adult Fiction *