From:
turnerandturner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 15:18:50 -0500

Hello all. I apologize for my late summary on Macaroni Grill from back in
June. (I lost a lot of info on my computer, but was able to retrieve a few
Grill (Tulsa, OK) for our 2nd anniversary.  Earlier in the day, I met with
the head cook who took me to their cooler where the food was kept and took
me around the kitchen.  I pointed out what was ok, what was not, and
answered a lot of questions.  I explained cross contamination to the cook
also.  He decided to cook the GF pasta I had brought ( with clear
instructions on it for just in case) in a separate pot and use separate
cooking utensils.  He told me he would treat the occasion as serious as
possible.  Two managers of the restaurant were alerted to my situation, too.
Since the head cook would not be working in the restaurant that evening, he
had one of the managers prepare the meat and sauce and add it to my already
prepared pasta once we would arrive.  The only thing I would suggest to do
differently would be to make sure that the waiter/waitress was fully
informed of the special situation.  It had been mentioned to the waitress,
but I don't think she really understood what was going on even when I tried
to explain that I wasn't ordering exactly from the menu.  Anyhow, I chose a
red sauce mixed with their vegetable sauce and had chicken, scallops, and
shrimp added.  One of the managers told me that when visiting again they
would go out and buy whatever GF pasta I wanted for the meal.

However, here are two of the few responses that I was able to retrieve ( my
apologies those whose responses my computer lost):

1. All sauces are GF.
(You can order a copy of Bob and  Ruth Levy's quarterly newsletter that
highlighted Romano's Macaroni Grill) - I haven't gotten mine yet, but heard
that their newsletter, which highlights different restaurants, is very
informative.

2. I don't bother with pasta anymore...I have my sauce put on a baked potato
or rice. I call ahead & if they don't  have either, I bring my own
microwaved potato. At home its the same.

Hope this had been helpful!

Takiyah - now in Georgia