Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 1996 23:17:47 -0400

Sitting here reading lots of moaning and groaning on eating gluten free away
from home and thought I'd throw in my two cents. Columbus weekend I took a
road trip and found out that Gt. Adventure amusement park and road stops down
to DC are not Celiac friendly. Pizza Hut, Burger King, TCBY, Sabarros,
Nathans (OK I admit, I ate their fries and enjoyed every one of them :) in
addition to many other fast food establishments that would have been risky.
But being the ultimate optimist that I am (as well as a prepared celiac
traveler) I enjoyed my trip - because I had something the rest stops didn't.
Foods by George- the best thing that's happened to me since diagnosis.
English muffins, amazing chocolate chip cookies, pound cake and pumpkin
bread-(just a small assortment of his prodcut line), It was no surprise that
my traveling buddy ate the other half of everything I had with me. With
George's delights in my handy dandy knap sack so I didn't have to feel
deprived, I too was able to eat and enjoy my trip.

For those of you who are lucky enough to already have discovered George, then
you know what I am talking about. In fact we are quite lucky as George has
been attending our last few meetings so that we can purchase his yummy foods.
Can't wait to get a hold of his pumpkin pie and chocolate mousse cake for the
holidays.

George can be found at the Happy Carrot in NJ at 201-634-1455. His foods are
also being carried now at Back to Earth in New City, NY 914-634-3511 and an
even more extended line of baked products at Healthfare in New Canaan CT
203-966-5400. For those not forunate enough to live near any of these
locations, I believe George's products can be purchased thru Garden Spot
Distributors 800-829-5100.

By the way, I have no invested interest in Goerge but as you can tell, am one
of his many fans.

Best Regards,
Leslie-NYC