From:
Barb & Glenn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barb & Glenn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 14:18:52 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I just spoke with Wendy's at 614-764-3100 and the rep advised that they are presently checking out the sources of the malt in their Frosty and they are still waiting to hear from one more source before they know for sure whether Frosty's are indeed GF or not GF.  They advised that we should continue to check their website for the list to be updated.

She did say that the formula has not been changed so if you didn't get sick on them before, you should be ok.  I explained to ther that not all celiacs have visible reactions, but that the ingestion of gluten does cause damage to the intestine.  She seemed surprised at that statement.

I suggested that if the source is not GF, that they might consider adjusting the ingredients so that they are GF as they are forcing us to eat elsewhere.

If you are interested in having Frostys back on the Wendys GF List, you might consider giving them a call and letting them know.

Barbara in Missouri

Disclaimer ---  I am a volunteer and not a medical expert, but I can share with you information that I have found helpful.  Please contact your medical professional for medical advice regarding your situation.  Please verify the gluten free status of products often for your own protection.