From:
Leda Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 18:34:03 -0400

Thanks everyone for so many helpful suggestions.  In my original note, I
meant to write eggs, and soy, but doubled on the eggs, sorry, so some of
my restrictions involve some of the responses I received.  For some of
you, these may be helpful, so I ll condense.  Some people suggested soy,
nuts, and beans.  A few people suggested that differently fed animals,
fed grass, not grain, might evoke a better response.  A couple of people
suggested eating kosher food.  I do, by the way, and don't eat pork for
that reason.  Peanuts and nut butters were offered as alternatives.  Just
a note:  in the meantime I have spoken again to my dietician, and she is
suggesting blendingandpulverizing to get the greatest surface area
possible to aid digestion,  Basically, make baby food.  It actually does
seem to be helping a bit.  She is also in agreement with enzymes and rice
protein supplement, or elementals, on a temporary basis,from my doctor.
Hope this helps some of you.  I appreciate your help so much.

A few people suggested I might need supplemntal enzymes, and one thatis
gf is Rainbow Light Advanced Enzyme System, from whole foods.  Others
suggested elemental proteins, (peptides) which do not require digestion,
to give the intestines a rest.  These are not readily available except
through a physician, as far as I could determine after some on-line
searches.

I am including a few excerpts:

perhaps grassfed meats would be less problematic for you. Here is a
website for suppliers: www.eatwild.com. The same foods bother me.

I have used UltraBalance Protein powder and it says on the label that it
is free of gluten, corn, yeast, soy, egg, and milk. The label does not
say that the product is free of potato, but it is not listed as one of
the ingredients. There is a website and telephone number listed on the
label: www.ultrabalance.com and 800 843-9660. The product is intended
for use by persons that are protein depleted, and it does work well.
Another company that sells medical nutrition supplementals is Mead Johnson.

what you need to do is cleanse your liver of all toxic waste.  Replace
the good flora in the GI.  Take a good quality multi vitamin and mineral
supplement.  Keep you bowel moving on a daily basis and you'll be on the
road to recovery in no time.

NutriBiotic makes a rice protein. I don't think they sell direct, but
they can probably provide you with an address of a store near you that
carries their products.

Thank you for your interest in our products.  Citric Acid is derived from
citrus fruit, therefor our Golden Flax Seed Oil and all of our Nutrition
Oils are Gluten-Free.  Our protein powders that are Gluten-Free are:

Pro-Life, Protein 95, Healthy Whey and Healthy Soy Meal Replacement