From:
Kathy Christenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 1996 11:20:00 -0500

There have been many questions raised lately on the safety of Advil for
celiacs. I was one of the people who was told twice in the last year by a
company rep that Advil was gluten free.  When it became clear recently
that, in fact, it was not necessarily gluten free, I found myself getting
increasingly more frustrated with our inability to believe what we hear
from company reps.  It doesn't seem too much to ask that if we make the
effort to call about a product, we should be confident about the answer
we're given  I believe that if we write the president of the company and
let him know how outraged we are that our requests for information are
treated so glibly (and dishonestly) I think we all be doing each other a
favor.  To that end, below is listed his name and address.  Let's deluge
him with protest letters!

        Mr. John T. Stafford
        President
        Whitehall-Robbins Pharmaceutical Co.