From:
Martin Kindler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 16:14:42 -0500

For those interested in excellent skiing (as well as golf and hiking in
the summer) and premier gluten free dining, Killington, Vermont might be
the place for you.  We stayed at the Red Clover Inn, in Mendon, Vermont
( 5 miles from the ski areas.  Besides the beautiful accomodations and
excellent service, we were treated to superb breakfast and dinners in
their dining room.  After faxing the gluten free quidelines ahead of
time, our entrees were prepared appropriately with gluten free sauces.
After showing an interest in the flour quesadillas, they purchased corn
tortillas for us on the following day.  Many deserts were available to
us including a creme brulee.  Our favorite was the banannas foster.
Excellent.  Everybody in the B&B was fluent in celia c disease since one
of the staff's sister was a celiac.

For dining outside the B&B, we recommend Hemingways.  This restaurant is
consistently rated as one of the 50 best in the country.  The owner and
chef Ted Fondulas explained every ingredient to us and accomodated our
requests.  Ted Fondulas actually purchased gluten free rice bread prior to
our arrival to be served as a pre-appetizer.  This is the first time that I
was able to enjoy bread at a restaurant along with everybody.  The food,
needless to say was excellent and of course was accompanied with incredible
service.  It is certainly worth the trip.

The Red Clover Inn - http://www.redcloverinn.com 800-752-0571
Hemingways - http://www.hemingwaysrestaurant.com 802-422-3886

Enjoy,
Marty