From:
Pam Cresswell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 1996 17:13:51 -0500

I found this recipe for syrup on another listserv, thought I would share
it.

---------- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.03

      Title: Fake aunt jemima maple syrup
 Categories: Sauces, Copycat, Syrups
      Yield: 1 quart

      2 c  Water
      1 c  Sugar
      2 c  Dark corn syrup
    1/4 ts Salt
      1 ts Maple flavoring (fronteer brand from the health food store has
no alcohol or art. colors)

  Combine the first four ingredients in a saucepan over med. heat. Stir
  occasionally, until the mixture comes to a full boil.  Let it boil for 7
  min.  Turn the heat off and let the syrup cool for 15 min. Add the maple
  flavoring and stir.  When completely cool, transfer the syrup to a covered
  plastic or glass container. VARIATION: For syrup with a butter flavor, just
  add 3 tbsp. of butter to the mixture before heating. For a lighter syrup,
  use a sugar substitute instead of the regular sugar.