From:
homerunoes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 00:05:39 -0500

Two weeks ago, our 16 year old son was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. His
blood tests and biopsy were quite clear. Luckily, our pediatrician was quick
in identifying the cause of our son's misery!

Now we are hoping to find ways to make things a bit easier on him,
especially school lunches and eating "out". Does anyone know of a gf salad
dressing which comes in a packet? He is reluctant to carry his own dressings
in a bottle.

Another thing... who are famous persons suffering from this disease? We have
learned that our Gov. Jane Swift is one, former Red Sox great Johnny Pesky
is another. Sports figures in particular would be inspiring. Our very
athletic son needs to know that this is not the end of the world!

Many thanks for your help.